Monday, May 7, 2012

for the ten year old in you.

I like summer camp. I like summer camp a lot. Not for the group sports or swimming, but mostly for the camp crafts. There are a few things I am admittedly a master at and lanyard is one of them. I think the most strings I ever did on a lanyard was like 20 strings...


Anyway, this summer I'll be working at a day camp, so I thought I'd brush up on my camp crafts. I also have a lot more time on my hands now that this semester is over.


I present to you: the god's eye. Classic. You can use popsicle sticks or real sticks (I used real sticks because I'm edgy). I have a ton of random quantities of yarn because during the winter, I'm a knitting fiend.


It's super easy:



in its natural habitat
  • Two sticks--cross 'em
  • Wrap yarn around the cross in a figure eight just to keep them together
  • To start the first rotation, you go counter-clockwise around the four ends, bringing the yarn under the stick, wrapping it infront of the same stick, and then going under the one to the left. 
  • And you repeat and repeat and change colors by tying a new string on and repeat and repeat.
a real fine looking god's eye.

I could write tutorials for camp crafts for days on end. But you just get this one. I'm considering adding tassels to mine and hanging it somewhere.


Later Gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment